Historic and Current Pictures http://www.stjameswheeling.com/apps/photos/ Historic and Current Pictures St. James Evangelical Lutheran Church Established 1856; Built 1860; Current facade 1891. http://www.stjameswheeling.com/apps/photos/photo?photoID=170247570 170247570 Chancel http://www.stjameswheeling.com/apps/photos/photo?photoID=170247571 170247571 1867 Baptismal Font Dedicated Nov. 3, 1867. http://www.stjameswheeling.com/apps/photos/photo?photoID=170247953 170247953 Narthex Stain Glass Rose window featuring the tradition symbols of the Evangelists installed in 1891. http://www.stjameswheeling.com/apps/photos/photo?photoID=170247954 170247954 Organ facade pipes http://www.stjameswheeling.com/apps/photos/photo?photoID=173540581 173540581 The Schenk Memorial Organ This is the current 3-manual console of the 1919 Schenk Memorial Organ. http://www.stjameswheeling.com/apps/photos/photo?photoID=173540582 173540582 http://www.stjameswheeling.com/apps/photos/photo?photoID=173541097 173541097 Narthex Stain Glass http://www.stjameswheeling.com/apps/photos/photo?photoID=173541098 173541098 http://www.stjameswheeling.com/apps/photos/photo?photoID=173541099 173541099 http://www.stjameswheeling.com/apps/photos/photo?photoID=173541100 173541100 Chapel http://www.stjameswheeling.com/apps/photos/photo?photoID=173541101 173541101 Church Exterior before 1891 The exterior seen here was constructed in 1860. This is the original church building and, though extensive remodeled in 1891 to our current gothic facade, is still used today. http://www.stjameswheeling.com/apps/photos/photo?photoID=174801642 174801642 Sanctuary 1956 http://www.stjameswheeling.com/apps/photos/photo?photoID=174801643 174801643 Congregation 1956 The January 1956 commemoration of St. James's 100th anniversary. http://www.stjameswheeling.com/apps/photos/photo?photoID=174801644 174801644 Sanctuary after 1914 (taken 1931) The Schenk Memorial Organ (see in this photo) was built by J.W. Steere & Son in 1919 and is still in use today. http://www.stjameswheeling.com/apps/photos/photo?photoID=174802056 174802056 Sanctuary before 1914 St. James was drastically renovated and remodeled in 1891 at which time the stained glass windows seen here were installed. The Italian marble baptismal font was dedicated in 1867 and is still in use each Sunday at St. James. The organ seen in this photo was built by John H. Sole of Reading, Mass. in 1891 and was replaced by the current Schenk Memorial Organ in 1919. http://www.stjameswheeling.com/apps/photos/photo?photoID=174801781 174801781 Listed at the Ohio County Courthouse http://www.stjameswheeling.com/apps/photos/photo?photoID=174808061 174808061 Original Deed http://www.stjameswheeling.com/apps/photos/photo?photoID=174808062 174808062