Historic and Current Pictures
Sanctuary before 1914
St. James was drastically renovated and remodeled in 1891 at which time the stained glass windows seen here were installed. The Italian marble baptismal font was dedicated in 1867 and is still in use each Sunday at St. James. The organ seen in this photo was built by John H. Sole of Reading, Mass. in 1891 and was replaced by the current Schenk Memorial Organ in 1919.